Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Working On it Wednesdays

Oh my goodness! I just realized how absolutely awful I've been with my gratitude journal. I've missed placed it and it seems it's been "out of sight, out of mind" until just now. We're actually into a new month and I can't believe how far behind I am in what is supposed to be a daily journal.

Along those lines, here is a thought for Working on it Wednesday and to keep in mind for week: Joy is found with simple awareness. What does your joy look like today?

~*~

Update On Last Week's Working On it Wednesday:

Mop
Clean the kitty litter
Write another scene
Straighten my hair
Buy bird seed

All done - and almost all done on Thursday. I'll be honest, it took me a bit longer to get the bird food which I got yesterday, so technically this was all done within a week. I even went out and bought a straightener when I couldn't find mine anywhere. I haven't used it in months. Chances are my sister might have taken it back to school or my mom misplaced it.

I need to start doing this every day though. It was really, really nice to accomplish these things I set out to do and to recognize the accomplishment. 5 small tasks like drink 2 glasses of water, write in my journal or remove the trash from my car. Simple tasks that can be accomplished quickly to give me a little high and a lot of motivation.