Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Working On it Wednesdays

For awhile now, with my friends concerned for me and everything that's been going on in my life, I've said that I'm "working on it" ... and I am. I'm trying to be more social, trying to be more grateful for things than I do dwell on the bad, writing more for my own well being, continuing to see a therapist even though I have no job, etc. I'm working on it.

To encourage this, I'm making a day of the week in this blog that I dedicate to bettering myself as a person from the inside out and from the outside in.

For this first post, I'm going to state that today is a day to focus on my strength and my dedication for doing what is right. Tonight, I have my mediation with the girl that assaulted me on New Year's Eve. I'm terrified, but she should not get to just walk away after randomly attacking me, someone she doesn't even know, for absolutely no reason while I was just lying on the ground watching a movie.

On that note, I also wanted to finally post my resolutions which I'd put off for some time due to the way New Year's Eve went. Sure, it's a rarity people keep all of their resolutions, but here they are all the same:
- Say one sweet thing to 5 people each week
- Secure a full-time job and start career building!
- Keep writing in my gratitude journal
- Read more
- Write hand-written letters to the people in my life
- Learn to be able to be happy by myself, and be a stronger person
- Drink 3 glasses of water a day
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants
- Live with the 3 E's - Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Try my hardest not to compare my life to others. I have no idea what their journey is all about
- Don't have negative thoughts or things I cannot control. Instead invest my energy in the positive present moment
- Work out at least 3 times a week
- Don't waste my precious energy on gossip.
- Remember that no one is in charge of my own happiness except me
- Keep in mind that 1hat other people think of me is none of my business and doesn't matter anyway.
- Embrace the goodness and be grateful when I realize I'm in a good moment.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful
- No matter how I'm feeling, I will get up, dress up and show up for planned events and adventures
- Learn to work my new camera and use it often
- Post at least one photo a week


So what are some of your resolutions?? Areas you need to work on your strength? Share away, friends