Friday, November 26, 2010

5QF

I'm not sure where the holiday found you, but I woke up at my boyfriend's and headed home to help cook. On the drive home, I kept hearing "clink, clink, clink", but didn't see anything and nothing was hitting the windshield (like rain). I was completely confused until I got home and out of my car only to realize it was hail/snow that was making all the noise! Flurries on Thanksgiving! I was shocked and awed at the same time. Trust me, I don't like the clean up and all the shoveling that comes with snow, but it is absolutely beautiful to watch fall.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.


1. What is your favorite part of a Thanksgiving meal? My mom makes this absolutely fabulous sweet potato dish with marsh mallows on top. Yum!!!

2. Are you a host or a guest for Thanksgiving this year? I'm still home helping with the farm and my dad, so I'm kind of host and guest. My mom makes most of the meal, but my sister and I help out with other things like stuffing and pumpkin pie.

3. When you think of one Thanksgiving tradition, what comes to mind? Good family together. It's always been about family getting together - we all bring something, there's good conversations, a sit down meal, etc. My great uncle also comes, which I really enjoy. Not when he's 3 hours early and we're not ready (or showered) when he pulls up, but I like the time with him in general.

4. You have two pieces of pie in front of you and you HAVE to eat one...do you choose pumpkin or pecan? Pumpkin pie, absolutely. I make that in this house and it's gooood, if I can brag a bit :)

5. Are you a Black Friday Shopper? Not at all! Give me my internet and some good online deals. I can't stand searching for a place to park and all the crowds. That's too overwhelming for me.