Sunday, December 13, 2009

Santa Sunday

To get into the "holiday" spirit a bit more, I've decided to share some of my family's collections ... you see, aside from just having a funny farm and daughter who rescues (me), my parents have also always been big on a few things: cow creamer pitchers, odd shaped bottle openers, clocks, oil lamps, santa figurines for the holiday and nutcrackers (my dad even has one shaped like an eagle's head!) ... and, yes, most of these things need to be antiques or rare, aside from the last (holiday) two.

One of our holiday traditions is to display the santas we pack up every new year and put away until the holidays come around again and here is one of my favorites...


No, no, he's not just a Santa - he's a cookie jar too :)

Hope you're getting into the spirit too and staying warm where ever you are!