Monday, November 23, 2009

Sheep Rescue?

Ok, maybe not technically, but this definitely is a happy new home for one of our sheep, Bob.

Recently during a conversation with one of the wonderful vet techs, Kim, at Dr. Mac's it was discussed that she was looking for a goat to be a pasture pal for her horse. Now, obviously, Bob is no goat (goats creep me out!!!!!), but he's one awesome little buddy! With my mom considering condensing the farm to be more manageable for just her to handle (my dad is just going to continue to get worse), she suggested Bob. Our other sheep are all "marketable" for breeding, but Bob's been "cut" and aside from being a companion pet, most people would probably just consider him lamb chops (I can't even think of any of them like that!!!).

So, after some serious effort to wrangle him up, off Bob went to his new home for a "trial" run ... and they love him - of course!! He's one awesome little guy. Kim was nice enough to send me some photos on the first day they let Bob loose in their giant field. Look how happy he looks munching away! :)

Good luck, Bob. I love you!