Sunday, September 13, 2009

post True Blood Finale - ::sigh::

So, here's the breakdown of my tweets while watching the season 2 finale of True Blood and I’ve put these tweets in this lovely firebrick tone color with comments and such, of course, added beneath them. I needed to process some things, so don't mind some initial reactions with my tweets from while I was still watching and just taking this all in. What a finale!


AHHHHHHHHHHHHH True Blood
if you really need an explanation: the show was just about to start lol

trip that bitch and break the egg
I’m sorry, but seriously, that egg was gross. This was from the beginning of the show, obviously, when Tara was so carefully picking up the egg and Lafayette was getting a lil demanding with Sookie.

::sigh:: RT @SookieBonTemps: Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
Too funny not to add … even though it's a RT (retweet) of someone else's – Sookie (@SookieBonTemps – I’m @TheraHuni by the way in case you want to follow me)

"I'm a waitress. What the fuck are you?"
A lot of people seem to be crazy about this quote from tonight! Understandable, I think, since it ties into the initial convo with Bill and Sookie (What are you?) and others since then (like Maryann to Sookie after the glowy hands bit), but it doesn’t get my vote for best quote last night for two main reasons. 1) We all know what Maryann is (the maenad idea was pretty much confirmed before Bill left) ... and 2) for the dedicated Sookie Stackhouse book series fans, that Sookie isn't a fan of cursing. She does curse, but that wasn't the type of situation I saw where she would drop down to that level and curse, I felt. I don’t know, that line just felt like they were trying too hard.

Hmmm, something watching over Sookie, huh?
Is Maryann's comment a hint that Bill is watching her all the time? That even Eric or the queen has someone out there creeping in her woods keeping an eye on here? Or, back to the books, a foreshadowing to book Sookie's family history?? What do you think?

Hadley: He is?
Hadley's surprised reaction to hearing Bill's really in love with Sookie seemed to be missed by a lot initially last night. I didn't miss it!

She sounded genuinely surprised … and the queen is well aware of the effects of Sookie’s blood, which to me makes me assume Hadley does as well. So, for the queen to feel the need to ask and for Hadley to be surprised makes me think there’s something there – like another hint there’s something going on there and that Bill may be crossing the lines of business and pleasure.

Also, on a different, but somewhat related topic – I’m starting to think Eric’s feelings (though still confusing him) are more genuine for Sookie than Bill’s … and, this is not because I’m definitely more team Eric (what can I say, I’ve been tainted by the books – I love him in there). I think this because Sookie had Bill’s blood like right away (necessary or not because of the attack on her). Even if there was a spark there at first between them, him giving her his blood just further attracted her to him … and without her even knowing it since she knew nothing of vampires then, let alone blood bonds yet. Then, Bill and Sookie slept together and he had her blood, which according to the queen can snag a vamp hook, line, sinker ( Queen: “Have you tasted her?” ~ Eric: “Sadly, no.” ~ Queen: “Don't. Ever. One vampire falling in love is enough.”). Eric hasn’t had Sookie’s blood yet and even before she had his, there was something there with him for her (fascination? interest? chemistry? actual feelings which for a 1000 year old vampire would definitely be hard to remember, let alone admit?) and it’s gone past the whole initial attraction that bloomed between Bill & Sookie and was quickly tainted with the blood exchange. Just saying… :)

Ahh, sophie-anne does know about the V and she's in charge - Thank goodness, Sophie-Anne had something to work with and saying that stuff she said to Bill before was BS totally helped dig her out of that idiot hole she seemed to be burying herself in last week.
Can't say much more than I already did. Thank goodness she had so much more to work with this week. Sophie-Anne is a character with such depth potential both because of her years and because of her status. I would have hated for her to remain the pretty shallow, wifty character she seemed to be in Frenzy.

Not to mention, Sophie-Anne is in charge of the vampire blood that Eric is making Lafayette sell (is it hers? Did anyone else get that feeling from the way she phrased it?), which means Bill’s supposed blackmail over Eric is out the window (in Frenzy, Bill threatened to tell the queen). And for a second, we all might have been thinking he actually had leverage to keep Eric away from Sookie. Too bad lol

singing to a sausage - nice lol
Oh possessed Bud...

oop There goes Andy ... Jason too. What?!
I was disappointed the crusade ended so quickly. Not a shot fired from either side because I was a little nervous with those big guns after how trigger happy Terry was last time there was a gun around him ... someone got shot and everyone started laughing and cheering. Craziness! And Jason getting turned (in general, let alone so quickly) - WTF? That makes no sense since Sookie can't be, right? Not to mention, where was Maryann? I know she got like the whole town, but every time we actually saw someone turned in an episode, wasn’t she there??? The parties, the bar (when she came into eat and when she came back looking for Sam), Tara being re-possessed, Lafayette outside her home, etc.

"you're the maid of honor. You have to lick the egg" LOL what?! And I guess Lafayette is a bridesmaid too?
Um, ew!!! … ew to the bloody egg-licking going on and being forced on Sookie ... not to Lafayette in a dress lol

Bullsh*t - that's what RT @37ft2in: RT @emokidsloveme: Why is it that Maryanne can get at Jason but not Sookie. What is that? #TrueBlood
A RT of one of my Trubie friends. Apparently I wasn't the only one questioning that!

Supes heal super, super fast right ... what's a gut cut??? Oh god, poor Sam. I don't wanna see this
This was right before Eggs stabbed Sam. I literally had this up on Twitter as he was stabbing Sam. Awful. I didn't want to watch.

nice, Sam, nice!!! And a black beating heart
Whoa.

I have to admit, I saw Maryann dying this episode (I think we all did, right?) and after the conversation between Sophie-Anne and Bill about "the god that never comes" and the maenad being the most vulnerable then, wanting death from her god, I knew it was a shape shifter immediately ... took me a few moments to catch on to the fact it was Sam though after that horrible stabbing. What a hero! I mean, Same offers to get himself sacrificed (trade himself for Sookie), wants her away from there when he dies (so Sookie's safe, pride factors in with this too of course and the fact he cares about her enough that he doesn't have to watch) and then Sam drinks vamp blood to heal up really fast, he SHIFTs and goes to kill the crazy lady that's taken over the town. Whoa! I mean, come on, that man deserves a medal or some sweet, sweet loving in appreciation lol

I love the way Maryann died too, honestly. It was a wonderful wrap up of the craziness that I didn't really see coming. I saw her dying, yes. I suspected shifter, true. But all the factors that lead to her death were a surprise to me. The Bill/Sam combo (vamp/supe AND two Sookie admirers together), Bill giving Sam blood so he heals even faster (though Supes/Weres normally do and try to avoid the vamps/vamp blood), Sam turning into a bull, pulling out her black heart & smooshing it … and the fact it was all done within a matter of like 15-20 minutes of the episode starting. People were so over the Maryann plot path that I think this wrap up so quick (time wise and early into the show too) was perfect! ::thumbs up:: for sure

well, there goes Gran's wedding dress...
All that black goo, big hole in the middle and the shrunken goddess/maenad all dried-fruit- like in it. Ick. Awful. Another Gran memory tarnished (like the house) and straight up ruined.

ooh, poor Hoyt. Nice try...
He tried to make things right with his mom: reaffirming to her how he left Jess for her, not mentioning the ways in which she "provoked" Jessica (and everyone crazy mama dukes) and then sliding in the comment she made about his dad's death in the hopes she’d take it back. Poor, poor Hoyt ... it's so impossibly painful to realize you've given your life up for someone else’s … and to have given it up for a lie from the person you’ve been breaking yourself in half for. Ugh, awful…

"You might have your faults, Andy ... but at least you've got pants on" LOL

"It's like if a tree falls in the woods, it's still a tree" LOL I <3 Jason
This and the above, my goodness there were some ridiculously good/funny quotes tonight! Dear Charlaine Harris, where can I find such characters? I'm sure you based some of them on people you know and I need some more laughing in my life right now :)

Ahhh, the daddy-ness of Bill to Jess - bit weird

Is Sam lookin for his family?
Aww, this could be interesting… Especially since in the books he has a family that he loves and it was more that the Were community seeks Sam out after finding out about him from Sookie when she has a (good) run in with another Were in Dallas.

something, SOMETHING has to be coming
Friends online were all terribly concerned with the time ticking down and nothing but story lines from all summer being wrapped up - no cliffhangers, no crazy drama or action.

whoa Jess, whoa ... truck stop and random feeding?!
Jessica going off the deep end was ridiculous - especially after she was being so sweet with Bill about going out and being all cute and couple-y (about Bill/Sookie and herself/Hoyt). The truck stop totally threw me off and what was going on inside that one truck (while poor Hoyt was knocking on her door with flowers)!! It was kinda awesome too. Awesome in the well-thought-out way. I mean, she's been dying to feed, she got all dressed up and picked up some stranger at a truck stop (a stranger who doesn't know she's a vampire OR the re-growing of her virgin-ness factor).

Is she going to love the kill? We know Eric let her feed on some guy, but that was a willing fangbanger. Is she going to start killing more? Get caught? By who - cops tracking a “serial killer” or the vamps pissed about the bad PR? How is Hoyt going to feel about all this? Disgusted and be done with her or is he going to feel guilty like he had a part in it? What happens with her now that Bill's been kidnapped? When he's back, will he get in trouble for her recklessness or excused since, although he saw her leave, he was probably getting kidnapped at the time? I know there are some concerns though from fans and understandably - Godric giving himself up to the Fellowship of the Sun crazies and the potential danger that held was enough for him , a powerful, ancient vampire, to lose his position in the vamp hierarchy. I can't imagine what this killing will hold for poor, little, baby vamp Jessica.

WHOA, Jason!!!!!!
I had mixed feelings about Jason killing Eggs. I mean, absolutely, Jason was a hero – anyone walking into that situation would have thought Eggs was about the murder Andy (though we can't deny Jason's been so damn trigger happy too). That plot twist also gave us Jason quickly defending Andy, who's been so hard on him for so long, which was great to see as well and the situation being the way it was gave Andy the opportunity to man up, make Jason go away and clean off the prints on the gun. I did like that! The two rivals seem to have come full circle after this whole maenad situation that forced them together and they're not just sitting together at the bar afterward - they've got each others’ backs, they saved each others’ lives and that's a memory not stolen from them by the possession of Maryann like everything earlier in the episode for them.

I could have seen Andy killing Eggs with how crazy he was acting or Bud killing Eggs (walking out and attempting to redeem himself after whatever he thinks he did while "blacked out") ... or perhaps Tara walking out, seeing Eggs over Andy like that, remembering what she remembers from the black outs and bashing Eggs over the head or pushing him away from Andy only to have Eggs fall on the knife or something. I'm glad, I am glad I didn't see what the plot twist was going to be with Egg's expected death in the finale, but Jason? If you know the books, Jason has enough ahead of him to deal with without some possible HUGE debt to Andy - who up until now has been a douche bag alcoholic.

poor Tara. This is not the way they should have been separated...
I'm sorry, but I don't see how she's not going to see this as something wonderful stolen away from her. Dying like that... Honestly, I'm not sure how I would have done it, but not that way. Maybe he could have gone crazy with remorse (started drinking?) and she couldn't deal with him? Or he became so ashamed and run off? I don't know... That shot to the head though was just so tragic for her though and she's dealt with so much already herself.

WHAT?! oh jeez. This is crap. Is she dreaming?! Is he just trying to gain control forever??
This was the French restaurant scene, by the way, and I think I was right on the money with that last part. Someone made the comment last night (online or otherwise) that they were really impressed with the way Bill had the opportunity and planned everything out - got the theories from the queen, came up with a plan, worked alongside Sam, saved Sookie and was essentially the mastermind (though definitely not the sole hero) behind bringing down Maryann. Absolutely impressive!

However, I'm thinking the French restaurant was another planned situation. I think he saw himself as one of the heroes, his love for Sookie was confirmed by Sophie-Anne and Eric earlier in the night and that was absolutely a factor in the proposal. I’m not completely blowing off the concept that he genuinely loves her. However, there's just a few things I think might have hinted at more than just love to inspire the proposal.
- I'm thinking of Bill's suggestion that Hadley stay away from Gran. Death to vampires is nothing new, so I don't think he was protecting her feelings. I think he was trying to prolong the contact between Sookie and her cousin Hadley who is so close to the queen.
- I’m thinking Bill, if there is something going on, might feel the need to prove himself to the queen after she seemed to look down on the idea of him being so whipped (only feeding on Sookie) and solidify his possession of and power over Sookie, especially now that Eric has a blood bond with her too. What better way than marriage?
- I’m thinking that Eric’s not only caught on, but pretty much gotten Bill to admit he bound Sookie to him as soon as possible with the blood bond. We saw how grossed out Sookie was that Eric did that after all their time together … imagine if she knew Bill did that to her right away and on purpose. Sure, she was attacked and dying, but why was she attacked? Oh, that’s right! Because she saved Bill from the town scuzzballs and apparent drainers.
- I’m also factoring in, though it may have been minor, the moment that Sookie and Sam had. Bill needs to act on this “I’m a hero” bit now before she remembers he’s also a monster too and goes running off with someone like Sam.

This is awful. This is awful. This proposal is ridiculous
Poor Sookie. I’m glad she didn’t jump to her yes. Her life is too crazy right now. And what about what the future holds? What about when she gets old (I’m glad she brought that up, perhaps it was Hugo that poked that idea into her?)? What about never having her own children? Having absolutely NO normalcy in her life? She's already felt like such an outsider herself her whole life anyway - let alone to go and run off to another state to vow herself to a vampire for the rest of her life! These things have been so important and valued by Sookie. The proposal, aside from my initial hatred of it, was just too much, I think.

WHOA. Silver. She's gonna come back and he'll be gone
What did I say? (http://jenwsjournal.blogspot.com/2009/09/true-blood-finale-of-season-2.html) “I see Bill vanishing at the end… ” Ok, ok, maybe it was predictable, but still. Yay!!!

And who is the kidnapper? Why didn’t he sense someone coming? A human wouldn’t be strong enough, even with silver around the throat. A were he would have smelled coming, for sure ( or at least according to the book where the vamps always make comments about how bad they smell). Another vampire perhaps? Lots of people are concerned it’s the obvious – Eric. After his conversation with the queen, this was an easy conclusion to jump to. Others thought maybe it was Lorena! Lover scorned! But the question everyone is asking there is that isn’t Bill supposed to be able to sense Lorena? Then again, he was so wrapped up with (in?) Sookie at the hotel in Dallas that he doesn't know she was right outside the door, you know? Or even in the hotel until she just shows up at the door. And he certainly wasn’t right at Sookie’s side when Lorena was wandering through Godric’s party and approach sookie. So, maybe there is some serious potential it’s her (or someone she hired?).

Taken?! Geez. I thought there was potential here in she would think he just left ... but no AWFUL
I know he was kidnapped, but they could have cleaned up the place a bit to make it look like he just up and left when she didn’t say yes right away. And she could think on that (like in the beginning of Club Dead when she’s worrying over his lack of attention) … but no, everything was all disheveled and he was gone – very obviously taken by force. Boo. Now she’s going to worrying about him rather than their relationship.

Unless #EricNorthman is naked the entire first episode of Season 3, I'm considering being done with this show
I’m team Eric, but I’m not that crazy to hate the show over that lol I don't care if Eric wasn't seen enough... or even that he wasn’t naked, I'll just be so over the show if it goes SOOO far off from the books/Eric's character that he was the one that took Bill at the end. Alexander Skarsgard felt the need to defend Eric a lot last year when people kept referring to him as the “bad guy” and the villan … and he was excited we’d see more of his depth and layers this season. I’ll be so pissed if Season 3 is him having to defend his character again. High handed? Yes. Manipulative? Yes. Concerned about #1 (himself) above all else at first? Yup. But kidnapping Bill to get to Sookie? For the queen? No, no, no. He’s smart enough to know that would be one step forward and 85 steps back. Not to mention, Eric kidnapping Bill is just too easy to figure out. I look forward to what the writers have in mind with this … so long, again, as it’s not Eric. Have I emphasized that enough yet??? :)

Not sure what was worse, the random craziness of Frenzy or the BORINGNESS of that so called finale
Ok, my guy reaction last night was not very nice to say the least. I GREATLY apologize. After some of the cliffhangers these season and the craziness of Frenzy, I think the finale was what it should be:
- It was a wonderful conclusion to a lot of plot twists this season, wrapped things up: Maryann gone, Eggs dead and confirming some of the random bonds that formed such as Terry/Arlene and Andy/Jason.
- Questions from this season leading into the next like the queen making Eric make Lafayette sell V (and will Andy really stop drinking??? lol)
- And new questions regarding the proposal, the kidnapping, Sam’s new family, etc.

all the theories bein thrown around n the BOOKS - we have the material to have come up with a better show/cliffhanger @37ft2in @KMRosebrock
We didn’t though and so long as they don’t completely alter characters*, I’m excited to see where the writers take the show from here and what bits of Club Dead they incorporate into next Season. Can it be June already??

* - I understand some characters needed to be built upon and expanded from the books for the show, but SOME are quite developed in the books ::cough, cough, Eric, cough:: and I hope you don’t change them so much we barely recognize them. You don’t always need a good guy and a bad guy, you can just have flawed characters. And one girl doesn’t need just one hero … sometimes a girl needs a different “hero” for different difficulties in her life. Your first love (and lover) isn’t always your only one or even the right one.

Also, I hit tweet # 2,000 tonight post all the True Blood finale craziness - WHOA! And what was this pivotal tweet of mine??? "vodka, books and bed. G'night all." LOL Wow, I'm classy.