Monday, September 7, 2009

chickens

Today was one of the first days I have not liked the results of living on a farm.

As I've mentioned before, we've got lots and LOTS of chickens right now - an absolutely ridiculous amount of chickens. In no way am I denying that! But my mom posted them on craigslist and some guy came to get them this afternoon and I just didn't like him.

For starters, he brought those teeny tiny chicken crates - you know, kinda like this. Four of those little things for his intended 40 chickens. He said he just bought his daughter a new farm and she wanted chickens, so he'd like to take all 40 chickens my mom mentioned. I'm sorry, but no way does someone want 40 freakin feral chickens!!!

On top of that, when he came to get the ones we had caught during the day, he just reached in and grabbed the chickens by their wings, by their legs ... by whatever and then he'd shove them into that little chicken crate/cage thing. It was awful. Ugh.

Thankfully, we'd only caught 17 when he got here and he took them, but I feel super bad for whereever those 17 went. I'm trying not to think about it...