Friday, December 31, 2010

FTD Friday

Just wanted to share some kind words I received recently:

"This is going to sound odd, so I hope I can express this okay. Your blog gives me hope. Your Dad has a difficult health situation, and you're okay. My husband and I have a 14-year-old son, so reading your blog, which isn't written by an adult child in their 50's caring for their parent, or a spouse caring for their spouse, is very encouraging because caregiving isn't the only thing in your blog. Gosh, I hope that makes more sense than it seems! It's meant to be a compliment! :)"

These words really touched me and I responded with, among other things, this...

"And thank you for the compliment. I had my blog a long time before my dad was diagnosed and I really only blogged about FTD for that blog party. It's not something I really indulge myself in, though maybe I should ... The blog party has really inspired me though to be a better caretaker for my dad and to also write about it a bit more. I'm sure you understand when I say it's hard to write about ... it's hard to be so honest and raw, but there's no other way to write about caretaking without being that way. Does that make sense?"

2011 is just around the corner and this blog will be experiencing some changes. I'm going to at least have weekly posts which will include a mix of:
- Tea Tuesday
- Dogs On Thursday
- Fridays will be about Frontotemporal Dementia OR it'll be "Farm Friday" to keep things interesting
- Caturday ... prepare yourselves, readers! I'm going to introduce you to the cats in my life one by one and occasionally throw in a cat in need as well ;)

See you on the other side, friends!