Monday, March 31, 2014

dream*

I had a dream last night...

In my dream, my dad and I were in the Wenonah house.

We were standing in the living room area, dad was leaning over, hands on the back of a sofa, and we were discussing where we had furniture around the living room and comparing the stuff we had to the crap the family that lived there had around it now.

I then asked my dad if we were doing a walk through (it was for sale) or if we were breaking and entering and he did that laugh where the skin around his eyes crinkled. With that, I was sure we were breaking and entering :)

And then he pushed off the back of the sofa, stood up crossing his arms and he looked right at me and said, "I bought it. It's yours."

My first reactio? Looking out the windows out to the backyard just like we left it (a big, green yard with the gardens and the thread-leaf maple, the gate leading to to the Sprigman's yard and my cousin's old backyard just beyond), my first reaction was: "I can't have sheep here!"

And then all these thoughts were running through my head "I wonder if I can get away with a couple hens? ... Who turns down a free house? ... Oh my gosh, it's mine! It's mine again!" as I ran from room to room, up the steps, into the walk-in closet in the master bedroom.

Needless to say, I woke up in this sorry excuse of a roof over our heads (a roof which, coincidentally, was leaking all night long in the kitchen) and realized that none of that was true and that it couldn't/wouldn't become a reality because my dad was dead. Ugh... So I'll wear some feathers (shirt, earrings), try to feel him with me all the same and try not to cry thinking about that dream all day.

* - updated from the original post of: I had a dream last night that my dad and I were in the Wenonah house and we were discussing where we had furniture around the living room and comparing the stuff we had to the crap the family that lived there had. I then asked my dad if we were doing a walk through (it was for sale) or if we were breaking and entering and he did that laugh where the skin around his eyes crinkled. So, then I was sure we were breaking and entering :) And he looked right at me and said, "I bought it. It's yours."

My first reaction? Looking out the windows out back to the big yard: "I can't have a sheep here!"

And then all these thoughts were running through my head "I wonder if I can get away with a couple hens? ... Who turns down a free house? ... Oh my gosh, it's mine! It's mine again!" as I ran from room to room.

I'll post more later (need to run to work), but needless to say, I woke up and realized it wasn't true and that it couldn't/wouldn't be because my dad was dead. Ugh... So I'll wear some feathers (shirt, earrings), try to feel him with me all the same and try not to cry thinking about that all dream all day.