Friday, June 19, 2009

Books

Ah, books. They are an obsession of mine. Books plus some good tea = a good time in my opinion. Since I'm housesitting, I've got lots of time to read, which is nice.

I'm reading new books now, a few of them actually. Here's what I've got next to my bed right now: Animals Make Us Human: Creating the Best Life for Animals, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life and I'm yet to finish all the stories in I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell which is both ridiculously funny and ridiculously awful depending on which story you're reading.

It's not unusual for me to stop in the middle of one book and start up another one, especially if they're books heavy on one subject (like an opinion, biography or educational books). I just like to take a break (often with a novel) and get some variety so I can make my own thoughts on the book and its subject rather than be biased after only focusing on that one subject for so long. Odd, I know.