Sunday, March 15, 2009

Go Green!

As a person terribly interested in how we can preserve this planet that we all live on, I found this article very interesting (though not all that surprising) and just another sign of hope for the future now that a large part of the population is catching on. Check it out for yourself: Green Products Dominate Global Pet Expo on Zootoo.

Some of the things sounded a little out there, of course. For instance, this one product is supposed to "protect animals from fleas, ticks and mosquitoes with electromagnetic frequencies ... the tiny tags have a magnetized, non-toxic strip that wards off pests for up to four months". Any kind of electromagnetic frequency being given off doesn't sound trustworthy to me since just about everything is causing cancer nowadays ... so some sort of frequency must have a long term effect along those lines or something. Hey, if it is harmless and does work - awesome! But I'm going to remain a cynic with that one.

On a personal note, I'm actually considering making my own pet food ... dog food to start since my aunts have a good recipes they've already been using for quite awhile now and maybe cat food too if I'm feeling extra ambitious. It'll involve some major research to see which recipes are both yummy & safe, thus the need for some ambition. :) With all the pet food recalls, it's not a bad idea to consider making my own from here on out. I'm going to be home now that I lost my job to the economy, so I'll have the time to. Who knows, maybe some friends will want to buy some as well.

Oh, and if you're not a member yet of Zootoo, you should be. It's great for animal news and sharing info. You can find me on there too: JenW117