Saturday, January 24, 2009

Another new cat...

I am up early to take care of my parents' place while they are away and I have this nasty habit of not being able to fall back to sleep once I'm awake.

Speaking of the farm, yesterday afternoon I released Zeus, another new barn cat for my parents' farm. She (yes, a female named Zeus - made no sense to me either, but I wanted to keep the name the shelter gave her) has been locked up since right around Christmas. I should have known she might need more time, but truly I don't think it would have made a difference. After being frozen in place for weeks now, she shot out of the cage and I'm not sure she'll be back or if we'll even know if she is since she's like a statue with people around.

I could have simply opened the crate door and let Zeus come out in her own good time, but no, I tapped on her crate to get her out. I wanted to see what direction she ran in when she realized she was free. Zeus crept out slowly, found her way to the wooden planks where we have two horse feeders attached, then she bolted across the entire horse pasture and into the wood's behind our neighbor's.

I hope she returns, but I'm really not sure.

No comments: