Friday, March 9, 2012

RIP Weenie

This was the first time I met Weenie (AKA Halloween) and as I'm sure you can see she was a silly girl that just wanted to be with you - where ever that was. This picture was almost two years ago now...

After that, Weenie went to a super awesome foster home in the hopes of being adopted from there. Her foster mom was nice enough to take her to get her shots updates and had her combo tested. It was then that we found out Ween was FIV+, which is no death sentence, but her foster mom could not keep her as she already had an older, immune-compromised older kitty. So, that's when Weenie came to the farm.

For awhile the girl lived on the enclosed front porch, but she was always running out the door with you. Then, Weenie was staying outside with us while we were out. Finally, I think she was just out all the time with the front porch door left open.

The two times I've been down to the farm so far this week, we joked how she's always under foot - literally, she got stepped on sometimes!! We were in the garden, she was in the garden. Down by the lake, so was she. You had to go to the barn, she'd show up. My mom even said she's found Weenie inside her cold frame! She was always, always with you ... unless she found a really good place to sleep.

Yesterday, my mom found Weenie in the front yard and she was gone :(

Although she probably would have lived longer inside and I'll never know what took her, she was definitely happy out there. When my dad used to go out and sit by the lake, she'd sit with him and he'd pet her, which he's not very good at anymore (he's rough like a little kid would be), but she didn't mind. My sister was also telling me how when Luna was lost and the times she and her friend Rachel went deep into the woods looking for Luna, there was Weenie right by them. They'd yell "Luuuuna" and Weenie would make her funny little meow! Even yesterday, my mom kept thinking she saw Ween out of the corner of her eye walking over to her while she was working in the garden.

Oh my god, I'm going to miss her...

Here are some previous posts I wrote about Weenie:
- Spotlight on Weenie
- Caturday: Halloween